The Vestry met for their regularly scheduled meeting on Monday, May 18.
- 3rd Avenue Arts Steve Kiely presented a 3rd Avenue Arts update to include the organization’s background/history, near-term directions, long-term directions and planning for the continued relationship with St. Mark’s. Scott Hagler will continue to serve as the Executive Director of 3rd Avenue Arts.
- Financial Reporting Moni Grushkin provided the monthly Financial Update to the Vestry. The report is posted in the Parish Hall for St. Mark’s member review. The external auditor is not able to complete our external audit until the end of June or first part of July. The Vestry and the Finance Committee agreed to go forward with the scheduling of the audit in June/July when the auditor is available.
- LED Lighting (LED) Project Ted Carr forwarded to the Vestry information regarding the project to convert all St. Mark’s lighting to LED. LEDs have many advantages over incandescent light sources including lower energy consumption, longer lifetime, improved physical robustness, smaller size and faster switching. Ted is working with the Vestry on the planning for converting the lights throughout the building. Please look for further information regarding progress and fund raising for the LED Project.
- Landscaping Bob Cox forwarded to the Vestry information regarding the planning and pricing for the grounds upkeep and landscaping. Azteca Landscape is the new contractor replacing Joe Choquette Lawn & Garden. Joe has left the Durango area and we wish him well in his retirement in Arizona.
- Outreach Flags Lynne Murison is working with Albert Halverstadt to determine the best options for displaying the Outreach Flags in the Parish Hall. Lynne’s efforts will provide us all with more information regarding the incredible ministries and support found in the various Outreach programs.
- Music Program Interim Planning The Vestry discussed early planning for the music program in the coming months following Scott Hagler’s departure. The Vestry considered options for putting together a group of parishioners to organize and support Sunday Services music during the coming months. In addition, a Task Force will be created to lead the search for a new Music Director. The Task Force will work in coordination with the Vestry. Further updates will be forthcoming in the near future.
- New Rector Search Committee Scott Wallace, Vestry Representative on the Search Committee, shared the plans for the Search Committee to have their first official meeting tentatively set for May 25th. The committee will also be meeting with Bishop O’Neill, Canon Missioner Blanchard and the Vestry on June 8, 2015.
- Columbarium Proposal On behalf of the Building and Grounds Committee, Ted Carr and Bob Cox presented a proposal related to the ongoing maintenance and planning for the St. Mark’s Columbarium. The Vestry will review and consider the proposal in preparation for a formal presentation by Bob and Ted during the June 15th Vestry meeting.