- Vestry Oversight & Accountabilities—Vestry members reviewed with attendees the recent history and decisions related to the 2014 financial statement and the approved 2015 budget. We reviewed a summary of ‘lessons learned’ and resulting changes in Vestry procedures.
- 3rd Ave Arts Update—Vestry representatives met with the 3rd Ave Arts Board to discuss the ongoing relationship between St. Mark’s and 3rd Avenue Arts. The meeting was very positive and resulted in a plan for further discussion and development of a formal agreement in the near future.
- Questionnaire ‘What Matters Most to Me’—The Vestry reviewed the general findings related to the input received from St. Mark’s members who attended the March 14th ‘All Parish Meeting’. It was suggested that the Vestry forward to the parish the compilation of the input. We have asked for additional input from church members who were not in attendance on March 14th. Therefore, once we have received the requested additional input, the comprehensive input from the questionnaire will be made available.
- Transition/Clergy Search Process—the Vestry reviewed the ‘Abbreviated Search’ process with attendees which includes the implementation of an Interim Rector and Search Committee. While we proceed with contracting with an Interim Rector, the plan is to utilize a combination of our current supply clergy and the Reverend Paul Lautenschlager, who is currently engaged to support our supply clergy.
- Financial Update—Moni Grushkin and I have completed the internal audit of the 2014 financials and have arranged for the accountant closing of the 2014 financials in preparation for the external audit. We estimate the accountant will complete the 2014 financial closing by the end of April. We have requested the external audit and it is estimated to be initiated in early May. Updates will continue as they happen.
- Parish Communications Corner—A special thank you goes out to Joan Dombrowski for setting up the new Parish Communications Board next to the Parish Office. Ongoing Vestry communications and updates will be posted, so please continue to check there for the most updated Vestry Meeting minutes, financial reports and other important communications.
On behalf of the Vestry, I thank the entire St. Mark’s family for your continued input, support and prayers during our journey forward. While we are still in a period of reflection and healing, we can all be encouraged with the level of church member participation, positive anticipation and energy in this time of rebirth and growth.
Blessings to you all, as we observe Holy Week, mark the last week of Lent, and begin Easter celebrations.
Jessica Cox, Sr. Warden